Thursday, June 14, 2007

Video

I went to school yesterday and asked people to read a poem for my public service announcement and surprisingly only 2 people did not want to read a line on tape. I myself have no desire to be video taped. I guess most people are used to being video taped today with so many video cameras. I can remember when I brought one to school and all the students were fascinated with the camera. doesn't seem that long ago but I guess it was. Then I had technology they were unfamiliar with, now they can do things I cannot do. Things are moving faster than what I have been able to keep up with. But I have learned many a thing from my students at school.

It is hard to convince a teacher to use technology that the students may know more about. Once they get used to the idea that they can ask for help from the students, they usually are more relaxed.

Carlene

3 comments:

Natalie's Google Account said...

I agree that we are more uncomfortable with technology that I students can use better than we. I try to allow my students to help me because for many of them this is the only time that they feel good about themselves. We need to teach the students to be comfortable asking questions and to model that there aren't dumb questions...

mommy2Bof3 said...

Sometimes I think that the students are who help us reach the teachers who don't necessarily wantto use technology right away. When I am talking with a student about a technology they enjoy using, I always encourage them to bring it up with their teacher as an option to do a project. Especially one that is completed at home, like a book report or research project. There are so many ways that students can complete projects like this using technology and as we all know, they tend to express their learning in ways we never expected.

Katrina said...

I enjoyed your blog it got me to thing of how things have changed - no more type writer, 8 track, flop disk, big radios - okay now I'm feeling old! :-)